God's Will Is Not A Crisis


I am so glad to share with you what God has put on my heart. Please be encouraged to share this with your friends and loved ones as well. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been studying God's spiritual truths and He has revealed so much to me. If He did that for me, I know He can do the same thing for you if you allow Him to.
 
The most important thing I have learned over this summer is that you can't rush God. I had always known that simple truth, but when it came time to act with faith, I didn't think twice about it. I had wanted a "drive-thru" blessing. You all know what that is: I had given God my order and expected Him to get it exactly right before I lost my cool and drove off. It's no small wonder why I was disappointed and mad. After all, I had expected Him to handle my problems with express speed. But one thing that He taught me was that His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9) and His timing is measured with instruments that we know nothing about. So while I expected God to do great things "on the double", I didn't think that perhaps He had other plans for my life. Plans that promised to bring me a good future and much hope (Jeremiah 29:11). I was so stuck on what I wanted and needed so much that I believed what I wanted was more important than what God wanted. But just like the patient and loving God that I serve, He gently took me to His secret place and whispered, "I knows the plans I have for you."  After that moment, I realized how prideful I had been in thinking I knew better than God what was right for me.
 
I tell you that because many of us are going through similar situations where we want one thing (or several things), but God is taking us in another direction. And we are sitting with our arms crossed and mouth poked out like, "No way, God. That's not what I want. I want it this way" But you know what? We must continue on in absolute faith even when nothing about the situation makes sense. Remember that God has a perfect plan for your life. And even though you may not be able to understand it then, we can trust Him to be with us always and He makes no mistake. God's will is not a crisis. Before I go, I want to share with you a quote from Andrew Murray's Humility that may help you in a current situation or a future situation where you need courage and strength to stand. I pray that this will minister to each of your hearts.

In time of trouble say,
First, He brought me here.
It is by His will I am in this place, in that I will rest.
Next, He will keep me in His love
and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.
Then, He will make the trial a blessing,
teaching me the lessons He means me to learn,
and working in me the grace He intends for me.
Last, in His good time,
He can bring me out again, how and when
Only He knows.
Say I am here:
By God's appointment,
In God's keeping,
Under His training,
For His time.
---from Humility by Andrew Murray (1993)
  
This week remember to give God thanks for who He is and what He has done, is doing and will do for His chosen people. Be encouraged, dear friends, "we walk by faith and not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7) Trust God totally with your situation and burdens. Hebrew 10:37 promises, "He who is coming will come and will not delay." We can take God at His Word to do what He says He will do.
 
Written by Antoinette Clarington. (Please include this line to forward the message).
www.tips-fb.com

No comments: